Sunday, January 21, 2018

I’m not ashamed to say that I have been fascinated with RoBob (or Atomic Robot Bob, as he is more formally known) since I was a child.  The first time I saw RoBob was, like many, on Friday nights during the never-missed episodes of TV’s “Saucer Patrol” and late night movie re-runs.  But the story of RoBob is not the usual, straightforward tale of a simple movie prop.  From his creation for the motion picture “Deadly Planet” to the less than stellar productions of Alan Irwin, to his recent comeback, RoBob experienced the ups and downs that many human actors face throughout a career in Hollywood.

In the coming months I will be posting (with the author’s kind permission) excerpts from the forthcoming book “RoBob: The Story of Atomic Robot Bob” by Eric Dana, as-well-as some of my own research into RoBob’s past.

As with most things, life sometimes has a way of interrupting, so I will post things as I am able to and appreciate your patience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment